Trehalose Solution, 1M
An aqueous solution prepared from our molecular biology grade trehalose dihydrate. Suitable as a buffer component in many molecular biology applications, including isothermal and temperature-cycled nucleic acid amplification. Imparts physical and chemical stability to enzymes, other biomolecules, and intact cellular structures.
Shipping / Storage: Ambient
Test results for Lot TS0416412 can be downloaded here.
Advantages of Trehalose
- Trehalose Does not react with amino acids or proteins.
- Trehalose Stabilizes many proteins and cell types at various temperatures and during freezing. Reduces activity loss from storage and processing.
- Trehalose Can stabilize proteins and cells during and after drying. Reduces loss of biological activity in lyophilization.
- Trehalose Can protect against denaturation/aggregation of some proteins at cold temperatures. Reduces loss from storage and processing.
- Trehalose Protects enzymes from heat inactivation in vitro and reduces formation of protein aggregates. Allows storage and shipping at warmer conditions. May eliminate the need to ship on dry ice and associated freight costs.
- Trehalose Stimulates activity of certain enzymes at higher temperatures.
Trehalose Dihydrate Specifications
Purity: ≥ 99.0%
Endotoxin: ≤ 0.25 EU
AS: < 1 ppm
Pb: < 1 ppm
Cd: < 1 ppm
Co: < 1 ppm
Cu: < 1 ppm
Fe: < 1 ppm
Mn: < 1 ppm
Ni: < 1 ppm
Zn: < 1 ppm
Viable Counts: ≤ 25 CFU/g